Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Singing with the band



Here is a photo of me singing with West, the band made up of Ben and Sam Taylor plus Peter. I sang five songs with them and had the best time. It was my premiere as a singer.
After the show, my "Kryptonite" bike lock wouldn't open. It wouldn't budge though every person who was at the show or who walked by tried to open it. Keep in mind this is a replacement lock less than a year old. Also keep in mind that Naomi and I locked our bikes together because her "Kryptonite" lock wouldn't open when she arrived. What are the chances. So Naomi and I went back the next morning with some WD40 thinking that'd do the trick but nothing. (We at least stopped at Donut Plant on the way. We had a keylime glazed donut which was amazing and a really good sticky bun.) After a few tries with the WD, I went in the garage across the street and a guy came out with a can of liquid wrench. As he was trying in vain to open it, two other guys come up and ask what's going on. They were working at a construction site on the block and wanted to help also. Nothing doing still. So one of them says to me "We can break?" and I say "Hell Yes Please," and they go to the site and come back with a grinder and cut through the thing in thirty seconds. Turns out they live on Monitor Street in Greenpoint, on the same block as Sameer. We may go have some drinks with them sometime. I sent it back to them the next day and they said they'd send a new one in two or three weeks. But for now I'm lockless and dragging the bike up flights of stairs and freight elevators wherever I go. My question is, if you only do one thing (make bike locks) why can't you fucking do it right?

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell yeah! Those corporate bastards from Kryptonite, probably contributed to Ratner!

Charlo from CT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home